Sunday, March 1, 2009

Why design a dating campaign is different than design a collection campaign and why I hate Tools Bars for Internet Explorer

Part of my job is related with collection's operations, helping with the design and the technology. Actually Collection has a sophisticated set of procedures that includes an intensive use of dialers, computers, searching engines and trained people.

The dialer calls each delinquent customer with a personalized voice of the collector in charge of that account. Collectors have their days off, but the computer hasn’t, it’s programmed to call whenever the collectors are or aren’t working. Sometimes it’s pretty difficult for customer distinguish when he is called for a real human being or a machine. When customer return the call, collectors don’t tell him that he was called by a machine. People feel little compromise to pay when they know that a machine/system is worry about their debts. Maybe this is the reason that the most of the religions need to have a live G-d, the most sucessful ones have G-d with a direct involvement with human life, probably a religion witch postulate that G-d created the perfect Universe System and then He toke eternal vacation in some exotic place wouldn’t has too much people interested.

Then with all this experience, I thought: How Can I apply it to get a real good relationship?
Call people … not very good, first I don’t have their numbers… What things do Jdate’s members when they logon on the Jdate site?

First they check their email… The idea to send personalized emails every week, or every 2 weeks, isn’t very attractive. People have bad feelings with the SPAM, these activities will get bad responses.

What other thing a typical woman do when she enter to Jdate site?... She check who was looking her profile. (Note: Every time that a Jdate member read the profile of other member this activity is register and in this way every member can know who was looking his/her profile. This option can be disabled but very few people do that).

People that was looking her profile appears ordered by date, then the most recent is in the top of the list; if a man look a woman profile three days ago, and she it's pretty probably she never knows that he was looking her;
Why? because others men look after him her profile and he will not appear in her first page. But if after the three days he looks her profile again he will be the first place and his previous viewing history will be discarded. (Then if he review her profile 20 times, he will appear only once in the her list).

People pay a lot to Google for be in the first page...

How can I position my profile always in the first place on her list?

One method is a manual method, click the profile every 5 minutes, but It’s boring and I want to do others things in my life. Then I need some program that enter to Jdate site with my account and password search the desired woman profile, look into it and then search another look into her profile, and then another… and repeat the process from the the first. The program was easy to make. And I had a unused PC in my house, for dedicate it do this process all day long.

I selected 50 woman profiles (for get some result we need to work on relative large population), and I wrote their accounts numbers in a list, and the process started.

The first two days were good. I get a much more women interested in my profile than before. The first signal of problems arises three days later. One pretty woman was asking why I viewing her profile so frequently. I remember the collection rule, never said that is a machine. I told that I was interested in her (that is also true). A day later the same woman asked again the same. I was in my office and I told her that from tomorrow I will not review her profile again… (It's like the Do No Call List allowed 24 hours for be deleted from the list). But 10 minutes later she wrote me very angry…Please stop to view my profile. What happen? Why she was so angry? I realized this is a technical matter: she installed the Jdate Tool Bar for Internet Explorer. This Tool Bar send an alert every time that one is looking your profile, and the dedicated computer in my house was looking her profile every five minutes, she was receiving alert every five minutes! I apologized and removed her from the list. But after that I got a lot of complains for the same reason. Is incredible how many people installed the Jdate Tool Bar. I turned off the dedicated PC.

Conclusion, if the technical thing doesn’t work, the commercial thing has really a little opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment